RevGal Sally writes this for today's Friday Five: "We are packing to move, boxes are everywhere, stuff has been taken to charity shops, more needs to go to the tip. Once again I am asking myself where all this stuff has come from, once again I'm thinking that I should really reduce and simplify.
So bearing in mind you are allowed the Bible, a bed + linen, a functioning kitchen, and a comfy chair, clothes within reason ( no dragging last centuries wardrobe in case), and probably essential today a lap-top OR computer choose one from each of the following as your luxuries:
1. A book
2. A piece of music (albums/ sets allowed)
3. Piece of electronic/ tech equipment
4. luxury item of clothing
5. One item of your choice- it can be as normal or as weird as you like"
* * * * * * * *
Well, guess what?! I, too, am donating and selling things in anticipation of a possible (probable?) move, and I am also asking myself where this stuff came from, and -- yes -- attempting to simplify. You'd think simplifying would be simple, but no.
So, from Sally's list, here's are the luxuries I would choose:
1. BOOK: The Artist's Way, by Julia Cameron
2. PIECE OF MUSIC: Loreena McKennitt Book of Secrets
3. PIECE OF ELECTRONIC/TECH EQUIPMENT: My Kindle Touch (which would open up #1 & #2)
4. LUXURY ITEM OF CLOTHING: Plaid Flannel Robe (hey, that, plus the rest it implies is luxury to me!)
5. ITEM OF CHOICE: Absolutely, it would be CANDLES!