Friday, July 16, 2010

Starting Again ... (again)

I'm not all that jazzed about this particular topic to get my blog up and running again. But it's better than any I've come up with, so here goes, courtesy of RevGalBlogPals:

1. Did you grow up with pets?
Yes. We had cats, a dog or two, chickens, some fish, a baby alligator (or was it a crocodile?) and a burro, but not all at the same time.
2. Do you have any pets now?
Yes. I have a 13 year old cat named Ruby.
3. What is the funniest or worst thing any of your pets have ever done?
I can't think of anything outstanding in either category.
4. Who is/was your favorite pet?
I have a special place in my heart for Charley, the black cat I had during my teenaged years. Ruby is also very special to me.
5. How did you train your different pets?
You don't train cats; they train you!
BONUS: Pictures of a pet or one you wish you could have.
This is a picture of Maya who rules the household of my extended family in Baton Rouge.  She looks a lot like Jack, our former cat who has relocated to Portland, and it also resembles Eddie, Jack's little brother.

6 comments:

angela said...

Wonderful when pets become so close that they are part of the family and older cats seem to do that. I did see a couple things about training cats--just that they are completely food-oriented and there is never an end to the rewards phase. Of course they are way smart about stuff like that! ;-)

Jan said...

So glad you posted. You must be a "cat person." I'm glad you've had kitties you love. I got my first cat at the age of 47, because my first grade daughter wanted a kitty from her teacher. Done--and the cat likes me best, because I feed her. So I am learning to like cats.

Jennifer said...

A start is a start as one returns to blogging. I'm a dog person, but still enjoyed reading your reflections!

Sharon said...

Jennifer, it's funny that usually cat persons are not dog persons, and vice versa.

Jan, I hope you keep enjoying your kitty. Thanks for the encouragement.

Angela, I admire 'dog people' because they are willing and able to train something. I have not found that to be my gift. However, it has been said that pastoral ministry can be like herding cats!

Thanks for reading my blog!

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

I have a magnet on my refrigerator which says: One spoiled rotten cat lives here.

And it is right.

Welcome back to blogging...from Purple and OZ (meow, meow)

Unknown said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere!The challenge is to not feel guilty when you don't post...it took a while but I'm finally there. It helped when I remembered the blog is for ME first - my way of keeping a journal - and for others second. Saw a t-shirt that put things in perspective: "More people read this shirt than my blog" Ha! Anyhoo, I'm glad you're back whenever you're back for however long you're back! {{{hugs}}}