|I had a Flintstones lunch box a lot like this one|
Headquarters for me is the northeast of the United States. Here school is getting back in session, the tease of autumn is in the air (or the hope for the tease of autumn is in the air) and church life is gearing up to full throttle.
One thing I've learned with blogging and social media is that the where I live is not necessarily where you live. And so I want to know what September means to you, in your place of the world and time in your life.
This week's Friday Five is:
What are 5 things that the beginning of September mean to you?
Bonus: What's one thing you could do without?
Thanks, Kathryn, for posting this one!
September is my favorite month and here are a few reasons why:
- September starts with a holiday weekend. Yea, Labor Day!
- September is my birthday month. My birthday sometimes falls on a national holiday, as it does this year. Sweet!
- Back to school clothes and school supplies. Still love 'em.
- The color red. Tinged leaves, school house icons, apples -- all in my signature color.
- A mini-New Year-type season of new beginning. A good time to reassess and regroup and start anew.