Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Ten Questions on a Tuesday

Here are some questions I have seen around the blogosphere.  A very wonderful woman inspired me to answer them today:

1.  What simple pleasure would you miss most if it was no longer a part of your life?
       goofing off

Cherry Tart Goblin Nub
I just liked it!
2.  What was one of your prized possessions as a child or teenager?
       As a teenager, I had a cat named Charley.

3.  Name a book you've read (or a movie you've watched) multiple times.
       Several, but the one that might surprise people is Legally Blonde (the movie)

4.  What is your current career/vocation?  
       Pastor of a UCC church  
If you could try another one, what would it be?
A residence hall director or children's home house parent

5.  If you could take a six-month sabbatical, where would you go and what would you want to do/learn/study?
       A trip around the world by as many slow means as possible to learn, study, do, goof off!  "Goof off" in this case would be taking pictures and eating and talking to people!  In a perfect world I would take a few of my wonderful relatives and/or friends who could buy into that agenda.

6.  In your opinion, what is the quintessential comfort food?
       Mexican food -- specifically, family enchilada night!

7.  What was a formative moment or turning point in your life?
       The seminary years -- the whole process of it all.  Life was never the same after that.

8.  Do you have any regrets that are particularly difficult to shake?
       Yes.  

9.  If you could be really talented at a skill of your choice, what would it be?
       Talk show host or guest

10.  If you had to choose one word to describe what you hope your life is like in 10 years, what would it be?
       Green.

Wanna play?

3 comments:

Jan said...

Interesting! Is your goal to be "green" meaning environmentally or monetarily? Or something else altogether?

Sharon said...

Thinking about being 67 in ten years, I hope that my life will involve gardens and maybe a trip to Ireland! I also see myself still growing and open to learn ("green") and have in my world people who are growing. I also dream that the world, and my world, would be "green" environmentally. "Green" -- rather than, say, gray -- seemed to be the perfect word for the vibrant life I hope to enjoy in ten years.

Thanks so much for asking and for reading, Jan!

Jeannie said...

"Legally Blonde" I love it! You always surprise me....

Jeannie